- 400 g granulated sugar
- 2 ½ cups pine nuts
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons coarse salt
Pine Nut Rosemary Brittle
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the sugar to a medium sized pot. Cook over medium to high heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar melts. When it melts, stop stirring and watch the mixture carefully as sugar turns to caramel very quickly and you don’t want it to burn. You can swirl the pot a bit.
- As soon as it turns a light caramel color, add the pine nuts and butter and stir for 2 minutes. Then, add the rosemary and half of the coarse salt.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan immediately. Sprinkle with the remaining coarse salt. Refrigerate for at least one hour so that it cools.
- Fill a little bag with rice. Poke little holes into the bag with a needle. Place on the bottom of an airtight container.
- To store, break brittle into pieces and place in container, over the rice bag.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by