- 2 oranges
- 660 g sugar
- 1 tablespoons rose water
- 150 g dark chocolate couverture
Caramelized Orange Slices Dipped in Chocolate
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Fill a pot halfway with cold water and submerge the oranges in the water. As soon as it starts to boil, remove from pot. Repeat this process twice more.
- When ready, allow to cool so that we don’t burn our fingers. Cut each one into 8 vertical slices.
- In a large pot, add the sugar and 3 cups of water. Simmer, over medium to high heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the slices of orange and boil for ½ - 1 ½ hours. They will be ready when the syrup starts to thicken and the oranges become translucent. Add the anthotiro. Transfer to a baking dish and allow to cool. At this point the orange slices can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month in an airtight jar or container.
- Remove the orange slices from the syrup and place them on to a cooling rack. Put a pan underneath to collect the syrup that will drain.
- When ready, dip each orange slice halfway into the melted chocolate. Place them on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Put them in to the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by