- 750 g dulce de leche
- 4 eggs
- 220 g granulated sugar
- 175 g butter, softened at room temperature
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 250 g almond powder
- 125 g apple juice
- grated zest of 1 lemon
Tarta de Santiago
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
This is a moist and delicious almond cake from Galicia in Spain and is named after the apostle St. James. From the Middle Ages, each cake has been marked with the cross of the Order of Santiago.
- Prepare the dulce de leche.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Beat the sugar and eggs for 7-10 minutes in a mixer, using the whisk attachment until the mixture becomes white, light and fluffy.
- Add the butter, flour, baking powder and apple juice.
- Beat for about 3-5 minutes, until all of the ingredients become completely incorporated.
- Add the almond powder and lemon zest.
- Grease a 20 cm cake pan and dust with flour.
- Transfer mixture in to cake pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until nice and golden.
- To be completely sure it is done, insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean and dry, it is ready.
- When ready, set it aside to cool in the cake pan for 20 minutes.
- Then turn out on to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Spread the dolce de leche over the surface. Add the aromatic salt with orange and lemon and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by