- 500 g wheat
- 250 g walnuts
- 200 g almonds, blanched
- 100 g sesame seeds
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 1 pomegranate
- 400 g icing sugar
- 250 g raisins, blonde
- 80 g breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a bowl, add the wheat, cover with cold water and soak overnight.
- The following day, drain, transfer to a pot and cover with cold water.
- Boil over medium heat for about 30-40 minutes, until the wheat softens.
- When ready, drain and leave it in the strainer so strain for 40-50 minutes.
- Spread a large, clean towel on a working surface and spread the wheat over it. Cover with another towel and let it dry completely for 3 hours. It should have no moisture at all.
- You will roast the nuts separately.
- Place a nonstick pan over medium to high heat.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts and add them to the pan in 2-3 batches depending on how large your pan is. Toast for 2-3 minutes while mixing with a wooden spoon.
- When ready, allow to cool completely.
- Coarsely chop the almonds and toast them in the same way. Allow them to cool completely.
- Finely grind the sesame seeds in a blender and toast in the same manner as before. Allow to cool.
- Last, toast the flour also. Do this carefully for 1-2 minutes while mixing continuously so that it doesn’t burn.
- Cut the pomegranate in half, remove the white membrane and remove the seeds.
- In a large bowl, add all of the toasted ingredients, the pomegranate seeds and the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon and serve.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.