- 450 g tahini
- 200 g honey
- 200 g dark chocolate couverture, cut into pieces
- 200 g graham crackers or digestive cookies
- 150 g cereal
- 80 g cranberries or raisins
Chocolate Tahini and Honey Log
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Heat the honey in the microwave, for 15 seconds, at 800 watts.
- Combine the tahini and honey in a large bowl. Don’t over mix because it will cause the mixture to thicken more than necessary.
- Melt the chocolate, either in the microwave or in a bain marie. For the microwave: cover bowl with chocolate with plastic wrap and heat for 1 ½ minutes at 800 watts. For the bain marie: place bowl with chocolate over a pot full of water that is simmering over medium heat.
- Add the melted chocolate to the tahini-honey mixture.
- Add the graham crackers (or digestive cookies) and crush into smaller pieces as you are mixing. Mix until they get covered in the mixture.
- Add the cereal and cranberries and mix.
- Lay a large sheet of parchment paper on your working space.
- Spread the mixture over it.
- Use the parchment paper to help you turn it into a log.
- Roll tightly and cover the log in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours, until firm.
- To serve, cut into slices (about 2-3 cm thick).
- Dust with caster sugar and serve.
- The perfect companion to espresso.
- You can also add some fresh fruit dusted with caster sugar.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by