- 1 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 packet vanilla powder
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Crème Anglaise is one of the most basic custards you will come across in baking. It can be enjoyed on its own, along with meringues or sweets with pastry dough. Most ice creams are made with this custard as a base… It is a useful recipe to know how to make…
- Whisk the egg yolks along with half the sugar and vanilla.
- Add the remaining sugar in pot along with the salt in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add a spoonful of hot milk to the egg mixture while whisking continuously.
- Add 1 more spoonful of milk and then add the egg mixture to the pot. Heat until the custard thickens slightly… (If you use a cooking thermometer it should reach 85* C - 185* F)
- Set aside to cool.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days…
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.