- 1 liter milk
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 100 g flour
- 100 g corn starch
- 10 g butter
- 1 vanilla pod
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
A truly easy crème patisserie for all of your desserts!!!
- Split and seed the vanilla pod with a knife. Add both the seeds and the vanilla pod to a pot with 700 g of milk.
- Add all of the sugar but do not mix. Heat the mixture in the pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Combine the flour with the corn starch in a bowl. Add the remaining 300 g of milk while continuously mixing with a hand whisk so that no lumps form.
- When the milk boils, remove from heat. Add the flour mixture and remove the vanilla pod. Continue whisking and put back on heat.
- You need to keep whisking until the mixture thickens. We are trying to “cook” the flour in the crème to get rid of the floury taste. This may take about 10 minutes over very low heat and continuous mixing.
- Remove from heat and add the butter and mix until it melts. Pour into a small baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Press on the wrap so that it comes into direct contact with the crème. This is done so that the crème doesn’t form a “skin” on top. Refrigerate until firm.
- Your crème patisserie is now ready to use!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by