For the crumble:
- Preheat oven to 160* C (320* F) Fan.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixer until fluffy.
- Finely grind the hazelnuts in a blender.
- Add the ground hazelnuts to the butter-sugar mixture and mix just to combine. Does not overmix or your mixture will ruin.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Spread mixture in pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow the cookie to cool. Break into pieces and your crumble is ready.
For the chocolate cream pudding:
- Heat the milk and heavy cream in a pot over low heat.
- Whisk the sugar and egg yolks in a bowl until the sugar completely dissolves. If it is not dissolving easily, add 2-3 tablespoons of the milk mixture and whisk again.
- Add 50 ml of the milk mixture to the egg yolks. Add the corn starch, salt and cocoa powder while whisking continuously. Add the vanilla seeds and vanilla bean.
- Continue adding the milk mixture in batches while whisking until it is smooth.
- Transfer back to pot.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium to high heat while stirring continuously. If you don’t want to stir continuously cook over low heat.
- When the mixture thickens, remove from heat. Add the butter and melted chocolate and stir until they melt. Remove the vanilla pod.
- Transfer cream to a measuring jug and divide among serving bowls while it is hot.
- Cover each bowl with plastic wrap, making sure it touches the surface of the cram so that it does not form a film on top.
- Allow to cool for at least 4 hours.
For the whipped cream:
- Beat the slightly chilled heavy cream in a mixer. Add the caster sugar and vanilla extract and beat until peaks form.
- Serve chocolate cream pudding in bowls, topped with crumble and whipped cream!