Crêpes Suzette is one of the most favored French recipes, consisting of a crêpe with beurre Suzette, a sauce of caramelized sugar and butter, tangerine or orange juice, and served flambé with cognac or flavored liqueurs. They are amazing!
For the crepes:
- Combine the egg, milk, flour, a pinch of sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Brush a pan with some vegetable oil so the crepes won't stick to the pan. Place over low heat.
- Add 1/4 of the mixture to the pan and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Continue in the same way with the remianing mixture to make all of the crepes.
For the caramel sauce:
- Fillet the oranges. Keep the segments in a bowl along with the juices.
- In a pan, add the sugar, water and vanilla bean. Heat until the sugar melts and turns into caramel.
- Add the cognac, ouzo, anise and orange juice. Stir and then add the butter. Heat until the butter melts and is combined.
- In a large pan, spread the sauce on the bottom.
- Fold crepes and place over the sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until they soak up all of the juices.
- Serve warm with orange segments and orange zest.