- 720 g water
- 400 g granulated sugar
- 40 g gelatin powder
- 180 g icing sugar, sifted
- 110 g corn starch
- ½ teaspoons cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon rosewater
- a few drops of pink food coloring
- icing sugar, for serving
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a 2 liter, deep, ovenproof bowl, add the water, sugar and gelatin powder.
- Whisk and microwave for 7 minutes at 1000 Watts. You are using such a large bowl because the water will be boiling and you don’t want it to spill over in the microwave.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave, whisk and microwave for another 7 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a separate bowl, combine the icing sugar, corn starch and cream of tartar with a spoon.
- After 7 minutes, remove the bowl from the microwave and add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Whisk and microwave again for 6 minutes. The mixture should be quite thick.
- In a small bowl, combine rosewater with the pink food coloring and add to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix and transfer to a lightly oiled 20x30 cm baking pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour until the mixture thickens and becomes more firm.
- When ready, remove from refrigerator and use a wet knife to cut into pieces (any size you like).
- Store in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, dust pieces with icing sugar.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.