- 4 egg whites
- 130 g granulated sugar
- 100 g icing sugar
- grated zest of 1-2 oranges
- ½ tablespoons ground cardamom
- ½ cup almond slivers, toasted
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 100* C (212* F) Fan.
- Beat the egg whites in a mixer on high speed for about 1 minute, using the whisk attachment until light and fluffy.
- Add the granulated sugar gradually and beat for 8-10 minutes until soft peaks form.
- Add the icing sugar in batches and beat for 5 minutes, until you create a meringue with stiff peaks. Add the cardamom and orange zest (using the thin blades).
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add tablespoonful’s of the meringue on the sheet of parchment.
- Sprinkle with almond slivers and bake for 2 hours.
- When ready, allow to cool in the oven.
- Store in a container with a lid.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.