The name of this dessert was inspired by the tall icy mountain… Mont Blanc… since the torte looks like a snowy mountain!!!
- Preheat oven to 100* C (212* F) Fan.
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place a 18 cm dish onto the parchment paper and drew a circle around the dish, on one of the baking sheets. Do the same with the other 2 baking sheets, but use a 15 cm dish for one and a 13 cm dish for the last one.
For the meringues
- Beat the egg whites in a mixer, using the whisk attachment, on low speed. Add the sugar and gradually turn up the speed, mixing until stiff peaks form.
- When stiff peaks form and the meringue looks glossy, add the caster sugar and mix with a spatula. Fill a piping bag with the meringue. Pipe spirals onto the parchment paper, filling the circles.
- Bake for 2 hours or until dry, at 100* C (212*F).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
For the chestnut puree
- To a pot, add the sugar, water and chestnuts. Bring to a boil and simmer for ½ an hour over low heat until there is left 1 inch of water at the bottom of the pot.
- Add the chestnuts along with the liquid to a food processor.
- Process and add a little more water to help the puree become smoother. Put the puree in the refrigerator and allow to cool completely (about 2-3 hours).
For the filing
- Put the chestnut puree in a mixer and beat with the paddle attachment, until smooth. Switch to the whisk attachment and add the mascarpone, heavy cream and the vanilla syrup.
- Beat the mixture until very smooth and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes). Put back in the refrigerator until firm.
- Add the ginger and heavy cream to a small saucepan, over medium heat. As soon as it comes to a boil, remove from heat. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 2 minutes. Pass the cream through a sieve. Add the finely chopped chocolate. Stir with a spatula until it is completely incorporated.
- Place the 18 cm meringue onto the base a serving dish. Add part of the filling on top. Cover with the 15 cm meringue. Add filling. Cover with the last meringue and top with the ganache.
- Put torte in refrigerator to become firm and come together.