- 200 g hard halva (any flavor)
- 100 g milk 3,5% fat (or soy milk), chilled
- 330 g heavy cream 35% fat (or vegetable heavy cream), chilled
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 4 g gelatin (2 small sheets)
- 100 g cookies, your choice
- 50 g almonds, blanched
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a bowl, add the gelatin and chilled milk.
- Do not stir. Let it soak for about 10 minutes, until it softens and expands or “rises”.
- Beat the cookies and almonds in a food processor to coarsely chop. You can also do this by hand.
- Place some of the almond-cookie mixture on the bottom of each serving glass.
- Beat the chilled heavy cream in a mixer until fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar and beat until it turns whipped cream.
- If you are using vegetable heavy cream, do not add any sugar since it already contains sugar.
- When the gelatin is ready, heat in a microwave for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a blender and beat along with the halvah.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and add 1-2 tablespoons of the whipped cream.
- Mix well to combine. This will soften the mixture.
- Add this mixture to the rest of the whipped cream and mix very gently, just to combine.
- Add the halvah mousse over the almond-cookie mixture in the serving glasses.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Serve with your choice of marmalade, lemon zest, orange zest or ground cinnamon over the top.
Rate this recipe You need to login