- 150 g dates, pitted
- 50 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 50 g pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 100 g almonds, roughly chopped
- 50 g sunflower seeds, roughly chopped
- 120 ml fresh orange juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 160 g oats, finely ground in a blender
- 50 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
Nuts and Oats Bars
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Special thanks to our member Evangelia Vlassopoulou for sending us the recipe of this delicious dessert!
- Chop the dates into pieces and beat them in a blender until they turn into a paste. I recommend you do this in 2 batches. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Grate the zest from the oranges and juice them. Add the juice to the bowl with the dates and mix. Set the zest aside.
- Beat the nuts in the blender until roughly chopped. I recommend you do this in 2-3 batches.
- Add them to the bowl and mix with a fork.
- Add the orange zest, cinnamon, cloves and poppy seeds. Stir to combine.
- Beat the oats in the blender until finely ground, like flour. Add I to the bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and chocolate chips. Stir with the fork. You may need to use your hands to make sure the oats are completely incorporated in the mixture.
- Line a 20x20 cm rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the mixture in the baking sheet with your hands. Press down on it and use a rolling pin, if necessary.
- Cover the mixture with parchment paper and refrigerate. It will be ready in a few hours. Cut into pieces and store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by