- 100 g unsalted pumpkin seeds, shells removed
- ¾ g ground cinnamon
- ¾ g chili pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- sea salt
- 350 g dark chocolate couverture, broken into pieces
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Line a 20x25 cm baking pan with parchment paper.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a pan over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the seeds start to pop, crack open and release a nice aroma.
- Add the cinnamon, chili and cayenne pepper. Mix. Sprinkle with some salt. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Add half of the chocolate in a bain marie over medium heat. It should take about 6 minutes to melt. Stir occasionally and then add the remaining chocolate. Stir until it melts also.
- Add the toasted pumpkin seeds and mix. Reserve some seeds for sprinkling over the top.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to the baking pan. Spread evenly and smooth top.
- Sprinkle reserved pumpkin seeds on tip. You can also add a little more cayenne pepper and salt (optional).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Break into pieces and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.