- 125 g almonds, toasted
- 250 g butter, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons cognac
- 200 g dark chocolate couverture
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 300 g Almond Snow Balls, slightly crushed
- 100 g heavy cream
Greek chocolate almond cookie log
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Heat the chocolate, butter and heavy cream in a bain marie, until the chocolate melts and all of the ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Remove from heat and add the cognac. Stir. You will notice that the mixture will thicken quite a bit when you add the cognac.
- In a bowl, add all of the remaining ingredients: the toasted almonds, cocoa powder and the crushed almond snow balls.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture into the bowl and stir until completely combined.
- Spread the mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper, lengthwise and carefully roll into a log shape and twist the ends to seal, like a large piece of candy.
- Place in freezer for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by