- 1 liter mastic ice cream (kaimaki)
- 4 eggs, large sized
- 100 g icing sugar
- 75 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 g sour cherry spoon sweet
- 50 g dark chocolate couverture, for coating
Ice Cream Cake Roll with Sour Cherries
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and set aside for 5-8 minutes at room temperature, until it softens.
- Transfer to a sheet of parchment paper and roll into a log shape that is about 32 cm in length.
- Wrap it tightly in the parchment paper and place in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan,
- Line a 25x35 cm baking pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs and sugar for 4-5 minutes in a mixer, until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Gently stir with a plastic spatula.
- Transfer mixture to baking pan and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and let it cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove the parchment paper surrounding it.
- Dust a new sheet of parchment paper with icing sugar and carefully place the sponge cake over it. Let it cool completely.
- When completely cool, add the sour cherry spoon sweet over the sponge cake.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and remove the parchment paper.
- Place it on the edge of the cake, leaving a 2 cm empty space.
- Use the parchment paper to help you roll the sponge cake around the ice cream, until it is completely covered.
- Wrap the parchment paper tightly around it and seal the ends.
- Place in freezer for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer and allow log to sit at room temperature for 5-8 minutes before removing parchment paper.
- Slice and serve with melted chocolate.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by