- 1 egg
- 200 g yogurt
- 3 tbsps. sunflower oil
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract (1 packet vanilla powder)
- 25 g granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 90 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- butter or oil for pan
- 150 g cherries, pitted
Real Cherry Pancakes
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt with the sugar, vanilla, sunflower oil and the egg.
- In another bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and the salt. Mix well.
- Combine the 2 mixtures, mixing with a spoon.
- Place a large nonstick pan or cast iron skillet on the stove, over medium heat.
- Remove the pits from the cherries.
- Add 1 tbsp. of butter or olive oil to the pan. Allow it to get hot.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of the mixture to the hot pan, carefully.
- As the pancake is cooking, add 3 cherries to the uncooked side and gently press them down in the pancake.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the edges look cooked and the side on the pan turns golden. Flip the pancake over with a spatula, with one quick movement. Cook the other side for another 4-5 minutes.
- Repeat the same process with the rest of the pancakes.
- Remove from pan and keep warm until they are all ready.
- Serve with sugar, honey and why not try them with some soft cheese. An excellent choice is a delicious Greek cheese called “Manouri”. It complements the cherries perfectly!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by