- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (350ο F) set to fan.
- In a mixer’s bowl add the butter, the icing sugar, and beat with the paddle attachment at high speed, for 10-15 minutes, until the mixture is fluffy and white.
- Add the vanilla powder, the rosewater, the bitter almond liqueur, and keep beating. Remove the bowl from the mixer.
- Break down the almond slivers with your hands, in order to crumble them, and add them to a bowl. Add the flour, the salt, and put them in the mixer’s bowl.
- Mix the mixture with a serving spoon, very softly so that it does not lose its volume. As soon as the ingredients are homogenized, mix with your hands.
- Shape balls, 30 g each, and transfer to a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Lightly press the center with your finger and bake for 20-25 minutes. Follow the same process for the whole mixture.
- Put a layer of the almond snowballs on a serving platter, spray with rosewater, and dust with icing sugar. Follow the same process for all of the snowballs and serve.
*In the nutritional chart you will find on the right handside, we have calculated 100 g of icing sugar (from the 300 g with which the Greek Almond Snow Balls have been dusted) as an average quantity that stays at the top of the cookie when consumed.