- 8 peaches
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon cloves, whole
- 1 ½ teaspoons all-spice, whole
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 packet vanilla powder
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
A very refreshing, summery sweet and a clever way to use your peaches!
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Make 2 slices in a crisscross shape on the bottom of the peaches.
- Add them to the pot and boil them for 30 seconds.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and submerge them in a bowl full of ice water.
- This process allows the skin to be removed easier.
- Peel of the skin and put them in a bowl. Add the lemon juice and toss.
- Use a pot that holds the peaches spread out in one layer.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the pot, apart from the peaches. Boil mixture for 5 minutes.
- Then add the peaches and boil for another 3-5 minutes, until you are able to pierce it with a toothpick easily, all the way to the pit.
- Remove the peaches with a slotted spoon. Set them aside until they are cool enough to handle. Cut them in half and remove the pits.
- Stick a whole clove in each piece. Place them back in the syrup.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, place pot back on heat and boil.
- Remove from heat. Place peaches in a jar first and cover with syrup.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Serve cold with syrup.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.