You can make this particular recipe with the recipe for Sweet Tart Dough!
For the chocolate tart crust
- Place a pan over medium heat. Add the butter and let it melt.
- In a food processor, beat the cookies, cocoa powder and icing sugar until completely ground.
- Add the melted butter and beat again until completely incorporated.
- Line a 23 cm round spring form pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer the dough to the spring form pan and spread it with your hands to cover the bottom and sides as well as the rim to give it a nice border. You can also use a glass to help you.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
For the ganache
- In a pot, add the heavy cream. Place over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until it comes to a boil.
- In a bowl, break up the couverture into small pieces with your hands.
- Remover pot from heat and pour the hot cream over the couverture in the bowl.
- Add the orange zest and allow it to sit for 30 seconds so that the couverture can begin to melt. Slowly stir with a spatula, until the couverture melts completely and is incorporated.
- Optionally, you can place the heavy cream, couverture pieces and orange zest in a bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes at 700-800 Watts.
- Remove the tart shell from the refrigerator and add all the ganache.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or set aside at room temperature for 4-5 hours to allow the ganache to set.
- Spread the whipped cream over the top with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and serve with mint leaves.