- 200 g almonds, blanched and finely chopped
- 250 g water
- 400 g sweetened condensed milk
- 0.5 saffron threads, soaked in 2 tablespoons warm milk
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts or 2 tablespoons ground coconut, for coating
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a non-stick pot, add the almonds with the water and allow them to soak for 30 minutes.
- When ready, add the sweetened condensed milk to the pot and place over medium to low heat.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon for about 10-15 minutes, until the mixture begins to pull back from the sides of the pot and has an elastic texture.
- Add the soaked saffron threads and cook for another 2-3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool for 30-40 m minutes.
- Shape the mixture into small balls and roll in the pistachio nut and coconut mixture until completely coated.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by