- 80 g butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) heavy cream 35%
- tangerine zest, of 2-3 mandarins
- 2 g orange food coloring paste
- 250 g white chocolate couverture, finely chopped + extra to serve
- 50 g icing sugar, + extra to serve
White chocolate tangerine truffles
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the heavy cream, tangerine zest, and food paste.
- Stir until completely combined and set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bain-marie or a microwave.
- It is best to melt it in a bain-marie over very low heat. The water should be gently simmering and the bowl the chocolate is in should not be touching the surface of the water. It should be quite higher. You should know that white chocolate splits very easily and needs special care. So take your time and let it melt nice and slow.
- When ready, add the tangerine mixture.
- Be careful! The mixture has to have almost the same temperature as the chocolate. Not much hotter or much cooler.
- Always stir with a wooden spoon or a silicone spatula.
- Allow the mixture to cool and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until it thickens.
- Scoop up spoonfuls of the mixture and shape into balls that are 1 ½ - 2 cm in diameter.
- Fill a small baking pan with a shallow layer of icing sugar.
- Dust your hands with some icing sugar and drop the balls in the baking pan. Shake the baking pan until they are completely coated in the icing sugar.
- Pick them up in your hands, one at a time and roll them between your hands to give them a nicer shape.
- Fill a plate with some more icing sugar and roll them in it to coat again.
- You can also coat them in some extra white chocolate to make them even more special.
- The truffles can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 10 days and in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Try to follow the directions for melting the white chocolate exactly, since it needs special care!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by