- 180 g heavy cream
- 600 g dark chocolate couverture, very finely chopped
- coarse sea salt or fleur de sel, for sprinkling
Chocolate and sea salt truffles
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Pour the heavy cream into a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Put the chopped chocolate into a medium bowl and pour hot cream over it.
- Place the bowl over a small pot of simmering water. Mix with a metallic spoon or a spatula, until the mixture is combined and smooth.
- Line a 20x20 cm pastry mold with parchment paper. Pour the mixture into the mold. Knock the mold on the counter to make the mixture spread in the pan evenly. It’s very handy to let the parchment paper hang off the sides of the mold, so that you can remove the truffles easily. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, until firm.
- Remove the truffle from the mold and let it sit until it reaches room temperature. Cut into 18 equal rectangular pieces.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt and serve.
Use a metallic spoon instead of a wooden one, because wooden spoons hold on to humidity and may create problems when trying to melt the chocolate.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by