- 140 g egg whites (about 4 eggs)
- 100 g icing sugar
- 120 g all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 50 g butter, melted
- 30 g heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Homemade fortune cookies
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Make your own homemade fortune cookies and you can add any sort of fortune messages you like and have fun surprising your family and friends with!
- Preheat oven to 200* C (392* F) Fan.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites and sugar in a mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed with the paddle attachment, until fluffy.
- Add the flour and salt and continue beating until incorporated.
- Add the butter, heavy cream and almond extract. Continue beating.
- When all of the ingredients are completely incorporated. The mixture may seem like it has split, but it will come together when it is baked.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the mixture in the lined baking pan, separately. Use a small spatula to give each spoonful a square shape and make it is as thin as possible. Bake for 6-7 minutes, until the edges of the cookie turn golden.
- When ready, remove from oven and quickly add the paper with the fortune in the center of the cookie and bring the 4 end of the square together to create a pouch.. the usual fortune cookie shape. You have to work very quickly because if the cookie cools, it will break when you try to work with it.
- When ready, set aside and allow to cool. Make 2 cookies at a time. Then line baking pan with another sheet of parchment and repeat process to make the rest of the cookies.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by