1 jar (500 ml)
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a saucepan, add the sugar, water and honey.
- Place over medium heat and stir until the sugar melts.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, do not stir at all. Simply lower heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Dip a pastry brush in some water and lightly brush the sides of the saucepan so that crystals don’t form in your sweet.
- After 15 minutes, add the vanilla, lemon juice and orange zest.
- Simmer for another 15 minutes and repeat the same process with the pastry brush and water on the sides of the bowl.
- When ready, remove the syrup from heat and let it cool for 5-8 minutes.
- Then refrigerate for 30-40 minutes to chill completely.
- When ready, beat in a mixer for 10-15 minutes on medium speed using the hook attachment.
- It will be ready when the mixture turns very white and is thick, sticky and elastic.
- Transfer to a sterilized jar.
- Chill and serve in cool water.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.