- 500 g cracked wheat
- 250 g granulated sugar
- 1 handful dried prunes, finely chopped
- 1 handful dried apricots or dried figs, cut into cubes
- 1 handful raisins
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, slightly toasted
- 50 g sesame seeds, toasted
- ground cinnamon and walnuts, for serving
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Wash the cracked wheat thoroughly and soak in water overnight.
- The following day, drain and add to a pot with enough water to completely cover it.
- Boil for 30 minutes over medium heat. Stir often, until the wheat completely softens. Watch it closely so that the water doesn’t completely evaporate while cooking and add a little more water if necessary.
- You want the wheat to cook through and also to have a little liquid left in order to help the flour come together.
- When ready, add all of the remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Stir continuously while waiting for the cream to boil and thicken.
- You want the texture to be like a cream that is not so thick or like a creamy, slightly soupy risotto.
- Serve the sweet topped with sesame seeds, ground cinnamon and walnuts in individual serving bowls or in one large serving bowl.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.