- 120- 150 g icing sugar
- 1 egg white, small egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon food coloring paste, red, yellow, blue, green
Edible confetti sprinkles
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Pass the icing sugar through a sifter.
- Transfer to a mixer’s bowl and add the egg white. Beat with the whisk attachment on high speed, until the mixture becomes like a paste.
- Add the vanilla and continue beating slowly, until you have a nice, thick mixture.
- Divide mixture into 5 separate bowls and add one color of food coloring paste to each bowl. You don’t need to add any color to the last bowl so they can come out white. Mix thoroughly until color is incorporated in each bowl.
- Transfer each color into a separate pastry bag.
- Cut off the end of each bag at the very tip to make a very small hole.
- Pipe out straight lines, one next to the other, over a sheet of parchment.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 4 hours, until they dry.
- Use a knife to cut lines into bits, creating sprinkles in yellow, green, blue and white.
The good thing about this recipe is that you can make your own homemade, edible confetti sprinkles in any color you choose and decorate all of your cakes and sweets in a unique way! You can store them for about 1 month in well-sealed jars.
Rate this recipe You need to login