- 100 g orange juice
- orange zest, from 1 orange
- 500 g granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 120 g water
- 120 g egg white
- 30 g gelatin sheets
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) yellow food coloring paste, of your choice, optional
- icing sugar, depending on the container
- corn starch, depending on the container
- 200 g chocolate couverture, melted, optional, to serve
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- To make the syrup, add the sugar, honey and water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Separate the egg yoks from the egg yolks and weigh them. Transfer the egg whites to a mixer’s bowl and set aside.
- Add the gelatin and orange juice in a saucepan.
- When the gelatin softens, heat the mixture just a little to melt the gelatin completely and set aside. Be careful to not let the temperature rise over 80* C (176* F).
- When the syrup heats to 125* C (257* F), start to beat the egg whites in the mixer on medium speed, until they turn into a meringue.
- When the syrup heats to 130* C (266* F), remove from heat.
- Very gradually, start to add the syrup to the meringue and turn the mixers speed up to high. Pour syrup away from the attachment that is moving, so that it doesn’t stick onto it.
- When you have added all of the syrup and the meringue has formed stiff, shiny peaks, add the gelatin mixture. Continue beating until the temperature of the meringue drops and it becomes lukewarm.
- This process should take about 15 minutes.
- At this point, if you want to make colorful marshmallows, distribute the meringue into separate bowls, depending on how many colors you want. One bowl with meringue for each color.
- Add ½ teaspoon of your choice of food color paste to each bowl and stir, until completely combined.
- When ready, fill a separate pastry bag for each colored meringue adding your choice of tip first.
- If you want to make 2 toned marshmallows, add a tip to a new pastry bag and fill it with 2 of the pastry bags with different colored meringues. This way your marshmallows will come out even and the 2 colors will be kept separate.
- If you just want the marshmallows to be white, add a tip to one pastry bag and transfer all of the meringue to the bag.
- Pipe out small marshmallows over a sheet of parchment paper that has been brushed with some oil.
- Let them dry for 1 day.
- On the following day, remove the marshmallows from the parchment paper. Dust them with a mixture that is made up of equal parts of icing sugar and corn starch.
- You can also dip them in some melted couverture.
- Sore in a sealed container for almost 1 week.
Brush your sheet of parchment paper with some oil so that the marshmallows don’t stick to it while drying.
The mixture will be quite sticky until it dries. If you forget to brush oil on it, don’t worry, use a sharp knife to remove them, they should come off quite easily.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by