Greek strawberry pasta frola (Pasta flora)
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 190* C (374* F) Fan.
- Beat the butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes in a mixer on high speed, using the whisk attachment, until light and fluffy.
- Αdd the vanilla, one egg and one egg yolk (reserve the white for brushing the crust at the end).
- Increase the mixer’s speed and beat until the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Remove mixing bowl from stand and add flour, semolina, baking powder and salt. Gently fold with a spatula, until all of the ingredients are completely combined and you create a nice dough.
- Separate 100 g from the dough and shape it in to a small roll 1-1 ½ cm long. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Wrap the rest of the dough in plastic wrap also and refrigerate both for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour, until it becomes firm.
- When ready, remove the plastic wrap from the large piece of dough.
- Dust your working surface with some flour and place the dough on it.
- Dust the dough with some flour also and roll it out. Do not worry if it cracks or breaks.
- Butter a 25 cm baking pan with a removable bottom and dust with butter and flour.
- Use your rolling pin to help you gently transfer the rolled out dough to the tart pan.
- Gently press the dough on to the bottom and 2 cm up the sides of the pan.
- Add the strawberry jam and spread it evenly, smoothing the surface.
- Unwrap the remaining 100 g of dough and cut in to small rounds. You should get about 12 pieces. Arrange them nicely over the jam, making sure you leave space between them since the dough will rise and expand while baking.
- Brush each piece of dough with the reserved egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place on the highest rack in the oven so both top and bottom will bake evenly and be crunchy on the bottom also.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden.
- When ready, remove from oven and set it aside until it cools completely. The jam will be a little runny while warm.
- Sprinkle with some sugar and serve with your choice of ice cream, especially kaimaki ice cream.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by