- 4 apples (2 red and 2 green), cut in to very small cubes
- 150 g hazelnuts
- 150 g golden raisins, soaked in a cup of sweet wine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- sesame seeds and poppy seeds, for sprinkling
- 1 package phyllo dough
- sunflower oil, for brushing
- honey, lemon zest and extra sesame seeds, for serving, optional
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Soak the raisins in the wine until they expand. If you are in a hurry, bring the mixture to a boil in a saucepan.
- Chop the apples in to very small cubes.
- Beat the hazelnuts in a food processor, just to roughly chop. Do not finely grind.
- Drain the raisins from the wine and add them to a bowl. Add the apples and cinnamon and toss.
- If the apples are too sweet, I suggest you add some lemon zest to the filling. You can also add 1 tablespoon poppy seeds if you like.
- Cut the phyllo dough in to 3 strips and carefully brush each strip with sunflower oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of filling at the lower end of each strip.
- Begin folding the phyllo dough over the filling, creating a triangle.
- Transfer to a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until crunchy and golden.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow to cool a little.
- Serve drizzled with honey and sprinkled with sesame seeds and lemon zest. (optional.)
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by