This is a scrumptious, light, summer recipe! Gluten-free flour is used for those who are gluten intolerant.
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Combine the ground peanuts, flour, shredded coconut, butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Use your hands to knead the mixture until it resembles coarse meal. Do not mix too much.
- Transfer to a 26 cm tart pan and press down on the dough so that it comes together and covers the bottom and sides of the tart pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
For the filling:
- Beat the egg whites with the sugar in a mixture, using the whisk attachment, until the meringue forms stiff peaks and clings to whisk.
- When ready, add the bitter almond extract and the shredded coconut. Gently fold in with a spatula.
- Spread mixture over baked tart crust.
- You can gently squeeze the strawberries to release some juices (optional).
- Spread the strawberries over the filling and serve.