- 4 peaches or your choice of fruit
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 100 g (1/2 cup) raw almonds, ground
- 30 g (2 tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 2 packets vanilla powder
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Cut the peaches in half. Remove the pit and cut into nice thin slices.
- Spread out the puff pastry sheet and cut off the edges. Cut into 4 pieces. Use a sharp tipped knife to carve a border around each piece, being careful not to cut all the way to the bottom. The part filled with fruit will remain flat whereas the border will puff up and this will give a very nice appearance to the tarts!
- In a blender, add the ground almonds, butter, sugar and vanilla and beat until it becomes a paste.
- Spread mixture on to pastry pieces, omitting the border. Arrange the sliced fruit on top in a fan-like manner. Sprinkle with some brown sugar.
- Transfer to baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until border puffs up and turns golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream, whipped cream or plain…
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.