Lemon flower tarts
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (350ο F) set to fan.
- In a pot add the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and transfer over low heat.
- Stir constantly with a hand whisk for 3-4 minutes, until the mixture slightly thickens and gets the consistency of a cream.
- Transfer into a dosing container, add the butter cut into cubes, the yellow food coloring paste, and beat with an immersion blender until the butter is dissolved.
- Transfer the mixture into a pastry bag and refrigerate for 1 hour to cool well.
- With a rolling pin, roll out the kourou dough onto your working surface.
- With an 8 cm flower cookie cutter, cut the dough to create the flowers.
- Place the dough flowers into two 6-cup muffin pans.
- With a fork, prick the dough’s base.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the dough is golden.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool well for 30 minutes.
- Carefully take the flowers out of the cups and place them onto a rack.
- Take the pastry bag with the filling out of the refrigerator, and fill the flowers.
- Serve with icing sugar.
If your muffin cups are not non-stick, then you will have to butter and flour them before putting the flowers in.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by