- 450 g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 112 g butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 150 g honey
- various candy for embellishment
Gingerbread Christmas Boat
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Before you begin, print out the pattern for the boat.
- Preheat the oven to 180* C (350*F) Fan.
- Cream the butter and sugar, in a mixer, until light and fluffy!
- Combine the flour with the remaining dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- In the meantime, add the egg to the mixer. When completely combined, add the honey.
- Now add the flour mixture to the mixer. Mix just until everything is combined, not for too long. Divide into 4 parts and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least one hour or mixture becomes firm.
- Roll out the dough using more flour, in between two sheets of parchment paper. Make a sheet of dough about 3-4 cm thick. Cut out the shapes by using the pattern for the boat. Transfer the pieces to baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Stick the pieces together with Royal Icing, and use a cutting board or wooden base to help you. Quite a generous amount of icing will be needed for the pieces to stick together properly. Allow to dry before decorating.
- Put some royal icing in a piping bag to decorate the little boat. You can embellish it further by using colored candy, jelly beans, marshmallows and pieces of dark and light chocolate, etc.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by