For the cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 160* C (320* F) Fan. Grease and flour a 12 cup cupcake pan or insert cupcake liners.
- Finely chop the chocolate and add to a bowl with hot water. Stir until the chocolate melts. Add the cocoa and espresso powder and mix.
- Add the heavy cream and vegetable oil. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until all of the ingredients are completely combined. Add the sugar and mix.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until completely combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between prepared cupcake pans, filling them 2/3 of the way. Bake for 25-25 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely, for 1 hour.
For the cream cheese frosting
- In the food processor, beat the butter for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Gradually, add the caster sugar and beat until the batter becomes fluffy.
- Then, add the cream cheese and the vanilla extract and mix until just combined.
- Place the frosting into a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes.