- 200 g olive oil
- 120 g orange juice
- grated zest from 1 orange
- 200 g granulated sugar
- ½ cup cognac
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 600 g flour
- a generous amount of sesame seeds, optional
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
photo credit: G. Drakopoulos
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Combine the olive oil, orange juice, orange zest, sugar and cognac in a bowl using a hand whisk.
- In a larger bowl, add the flour and all of the remaining ingredients apart from the sesame seeds. Mix with a spoon.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix with a spoon until both mixtures are completely incorporated. If necessary, add a little more flour. The dough is ready to be kneaded… It should be soft so it can be easier to work with.
- Shape into rings. Coat in sesame seeds.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and place cookies in pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.