- 130 g brown sugar
- 100 g honey
- 240 g butter
- 340 g oats
- 120 g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 90 g self-rising flour
- 150 g white raisins
- 90 g white chocolate, coarsely chopped
Walnut Raisin Bars
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Preheat oven to 160* C (320* F) Fan.
- Line a 20 c square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving the parchment hanging over the sides of the pan.
- Combine the sugar, honey, butter and a pinch of salt in a deep pan. Cook over low heat until the butter melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine the oats, walnuts, flour, lemon zest and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add this mixture to the warm mixture in the pan and mix well. Add the raisins an mix. Transfer the final mixture to the baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until they turn a light golden.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Put the chocolate in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Melt in microwave. Set at 800 watts, for 1 ½ minutes. Use a spoon to help you pour the melted chocolate over the sweet, making lines of white chocolate all over the bars.
- Allow the chocolate to cool and harden. Chop into small pieces or bars.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by