- 3 medium eggs
- 30 gms white flour
- 30 gms fine semolina
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 25 gms powder sugar
- 65 ml olive oil
- half cup milk
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tbsp baking soda
- 25 ml. condensed milk
- 1 tbsp citrus essence
Citrus Sponge Cake
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Separate egg white and yolks.
- With a hand mixer beat egg white with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Sift flour and semolina with baking powder and baking soda. Add a pinch of salt.
- Beat egg yolk with citrus flavour, oil and condensed milk.
- Mix in flour and powder sugar. Add milk.
- Fold in the egg whites gently.
- Pour the mix in a greased and dusted baking tin.
- Bake at 170 degrees for 30 min.
- Cool on a rack and drizzle some glaze and sprinke candied citrus peel (optional).
Rate this recipe You need to login