Our member Syntages Panos sent in this great recipe! Thank you!
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl in the microwave set at 800 watts, for 1 minute. Stir until completely combined and smooth and set aside to cool.
- In a mixer, beat the sugar, eggs, ginger and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the chocolate mixture and beat to combine.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt together and add to the mixture. Gently fold with a spatula until all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the walnuts and fold with spatula to distribute into the mixture.
- Line a 20x30 cm rectangular baking pan with parchment paper. Grease with butter and dust with cocoa powder. Pour in mixture.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Pierce with a toothpick to make sure that a “crust” has formed on top and the inside should still be a little damp.
- Remove from oven and run a thin knife all around the pan to release the brownie.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
For the almond crumble:
- Combine the flour, sugar, almond powder, salt and the chilled cubes of butter. Mix by hand until it turns into a dough that is very thick and crumbly.
- Use your fingers to separate into coarse crumbs. Spread them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes in a preheated oven set at 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Spread crumble over brownie to cover the whole surface.
- Cut into pieces and serve warm.