For the cream cheese frosting
- Beat the cream cheese and heavy cream in a mixer with the whisk attachment on medium speed.
- Add the zest, salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- When the mixture has doubled in volume, it is ready.
- Transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Refrigerate until needed.
For the cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 160* C (320* F) Fan.
- Line a muffin pan with liners.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixer on medium speed using the whisk attachment, until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes, finely chopped bacon and pistachio nuts. Beat until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- In another bowl, add the flour and baking powder. Mix with a spoon and add to the mixture in the mixer.
- Last, add the salt, pepper, basil, thyme and zest.
- Mix and divide mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Top with cream cheese frosting.
- Cut the slices of bacon in half and decorate cupcakes.