- 200 g white beans (medium sized), boiled
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 70 g olive oil
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- some ground cloves
- 1 apple, cut into 0.5 cm cubes
- 50 g raisins
- 50 g nuts
For the glaze:
- icing sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons ground turmeric
Chocolate Bean Cake
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos
- Process the beans in a food processor until they become a paste.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the sugar, olive oil, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, apples, raisins and nuts of your choice. Mix with a spatula.
- Grease and flour a 10x25 cm rectangular or round baking pan. Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake at 190* C (370 *F) for 35 minutes.
- If you want to make a glaze, combine a cup of icing sugar with 2-3 tablespoons of water and some ground turmeric. Mix together to form a paste. Add as much water as necessary to make a creamy glaze. Pour over cake.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by