- 500 g chocolate couverture, finely chopped
- 250 g butter, unsalted, cut into cubes
- 10 egg yolks
- 10 egg whites
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 35 g all-purpose flour
Steamed Chocolate Cake
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a mixer, beat the egg yolks and half of the sugar with the whisk attachment. When it becomes creamy and fluffy (5-7 minutes), add the chocolate mixture and the flour that has been sifted.
- Release the mixing bowl from the stand and clean thoroughly, making sure to wipe it from any water so that it is completely dry. Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks start to form (1-2 minutes). Gradually add the remaining sugar. Beat just until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Using a spatula, add 1/3 of the meringue to the chocolate mixture. Mix until completely incorporated and the mixture is not so thick. Then, add another 1/3 of the meringue, this time gently folding it in with the spatula, until combined. (This is done so that the mixture becomes as light and fluffy as possible.. like a mousse). Add the final 1/3 of the meringue and fold in gently again.
- Transfer the mixture to a 30 cm spring form. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place a plate over the spring form, for 1 hour. This is done so that the steam stays trapped inside and continues to cook the cake.
- When cool, refrigerate, so that the cake becomes firmer and you are ready to taste the marvellous steamed chocolate cake.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by