We’d like to thank Josepha Peggou, a sugar artist, for her wonderful creation!
Liven up your Easter table with these happy decorative and super tasty Easter chick cupcakes! They are very simple to make and perfect to make along with your children.
For the cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Beat the sugar, baking powder, salt and butter in a mixer, on medium speed, until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Gradually add half of the milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Add them to the mixer and beat until incorporated.
- Add the batter to a cupcake pan lined with cupcake liners, filling each cup 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
For the frosting
- Beat the butter, in a mixer, on medium speed using the paddle attachment, until light and fluffy.
- Lower the mixer’s speed and add the icing sugar in batches, until incorporated.
- When ready, add the milk and the vanilla powder and mix for 3-5 minutes.
- Add The yellow sugar paste and mix.
- Transfer frosting to a pastry bag and pipe the frosting on to the cupcakes.
To make baby chicks
- Dust your working surface with some icicle sugar.
- Roll out the orange sugar paste with a small rolling pin.
- Cut out small star shapes to make the legs and small triangles for the beaks.
- Use the black sugar paste to make the eyes. Break off 2 small pieces and shape in to two small round balls.
- Decorate your cupcakes and enjoy!