- 80 g water, boiled
- 70 g cocoa powder
- 250 g butter, at room temperature
- 55 g brown sugar
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 g vanilla powder
- 130 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- whipped cream
- jam, optional
Chocolate Pound Cake
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 160* C (320* F) Fan.
- In a mixers bowl, add the cocoa powder and boiling water.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla.
- Beat with the whisk attachment for 5-6 minutes, until the mixture becomes fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, waiting for each addition to be completely incorporated until adding the next.
- Stop beating and remove bowl from standing mixer.
- Add the flour in batches and gently fold with a spatula.
- The mixture may seem like it has curdled but don’t let this worry you, that’s how its supposed to be.
- Grease a 10x30 cm cake pan. Dust with cocoa powder and pour in the cake mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Insert a knife in the cake to make sure it is done. If it comes out clean and dry, your cake is ready.
- When ready, remove from oven and set aside on a wire rack for 5 minutes to cool.
- Turn out on to wire rack and allow to cool for 2 hours before slicing.
- Serve with whipped cream and jam or marmalade.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by