- 250 g black beans, dry
- 50 g green beans
- 50 g beluga lentils
- 50 g red lentils
- 200 g quinoa
- 600 g water
- 1 vegetable cube
- 4 sweet potatoes (1 kilo)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 3 spring onions
- ¼ bunch fresh coriander
Sweet potatoes with beluga lentils
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Diet based on vegetables, legumes and green leaves. It excludes foods such as meat, fish, mollusks, dairy products, eggs, honey and their by-products.
Gluten Free Diet
Excludes foods containing gluten, such as wheat, barley, rye and their by-products.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Soak the beans in water in a bowl.
- Strain and place in a pot with plenty of water (2 liters) over medium heat. Let them come to a boil. Strain and throw away the water.
- Add 2 liters of water to the pot, the beans and let them come to a boil.
- When the water comes to a boil, strain and change the water. Repeat the process 4 times.
- Boil the beans for 30-40 minutes until soft. Strain and transfer to a bowl for later.
- In a pot over medium heat, boil the green and brown lentils for 15-20 minutes until soft. Strain and transfer to the bowl with the beans.
- Place the red lentils in a bowl. Cover them with boiling water. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Allow 10 minutes for the lentils to soften. Strain and transfer them to the bowl.
- In a pot over medium heat, add the quinoa, 400 g water, and the vegetable cube. Allow the quinoa to come to a boil and absorb all of the water.
- Remove from heat and add the quinoa to the bowl with the beans.
- Preheat the oven over 180οC (350* F) Set to Fan.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1 cm cubes.
- Add them to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients (except the spring onions) and the coriander.
- Transfer to a 20x30 cm ovenproof pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until the sweet potatoes soften.
- Remove ovenproof pan from oven and serve with finely chopped spring onion and fresh coriander.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by