- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 450 g mushrooms, cut into slices
- 2 handfuls Brussel sprouts
- coarse salt
- 2 cups quinoa, boiled
- 2 large handfuls rocket, chopped
- freshly ground pepper
Quinoa with Mushrooms and Brussel Sprouts
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over high heat.
- Add the garlic and thyme. Cook for about 30 seconds, until they release their aromas.
- Add the mushrooms and Brussel sprouts to the pan, along with a large pinch of salt. Cook until vegetables soften and their juices evaporate. Stir every now and then, until they turn golden brown and make a high pitched sound.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture to a bowl. Add the quinoa and rocket and toss. Season to taste.
- You can also add some lemon juice or vinegar.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by