- 340 g bulgur
- 1.200 g water
- 1 sweet potato (300 g)
- 2 potatoes (400 g)
- 200 g cooked chickpeas, strained (100 g dry weight)
- 100 g rusks, crumbled
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano + 1 tablespoon for serving
- 30 g ginger, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g rocket, for serving
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Special thanks to The CookFather for this recipe!
- Preheat oven over 180°C (355* F) Set to Fan.
- In a pot, add the bulgur, the water and let it come to a boil. Remove from heat, cover with the lid and let the bulgur absorb all of the water and cool.
- Place the sweet potato and the potatoes in a baking pan. Pierce with a knife and bake for 20-30 minutes until softened.
- Let them cool, peel them and place them in the food processor.
- Add the chickpeas and the rest of the ingredients (except for the bulgur and the flour) to the food processor. Beat until homogenized. You do not want the mixture to thicken, not to turn into a puree.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl. Add the bulgur and flour and mix with a silicone spatula until homogenized.
- Shape the mixture into 15 patties (150 g each) and place them in two baking pans lined with parchment paper (one patty next to the other, but without being in contact with one another).
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove baking pan from oven and turn the patties over with a spatula.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with rocket and fresh oregano.