- ½ cauliflower (300 g), cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 finocchio
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 500 g water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- pinch of saffron threads
- 200 g peas
- juice from 1 lemon
- ½ bunch coriander, only the leaves
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Paella with Cauliflower and Spices
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Beat the cauliflower in a food processor, until it is ground and looks like kernels of rice.
- Place a wok or a deep pan over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Add them to the pan and sauté.
- Thinly slice the finocchio and the red peppers. Add them to the pan.
- Add the paprika, turmeric and cumin.
- Stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Add the cauliflower, water, bouillon cube and saffron. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Lower heat, cover wok with lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the vegetables soften and the water is absorbed.
- When ready, remove lid and add the peas.
- Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the peas soften.
- When ready, remove from heat.
- Add the lemon juice, coriander and cherry tomatoes.
- Check seasoning and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by