Watch the video in sign language here.
- In a mortar and pestle or a food processor add the coriander seeds, grated garlic clove, lemon zest, smoked paprika, chili flakes and dry thyme. Mash or beat until very finely ground.
- Add salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil and the juice from ½ a lemon.
- Stir or beat until all of the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture thickens slightly.
- Set aside and prepare the chicken.
- Chop the chicken in to thin strips and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the marinade and mix until all of the pieces of chicken are completely coated.
- Place a nonstick pan over high heat and let it get very hot, until it is smoking.
- Add the chicken in batches and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown on all sides. Do not crowd the pan and do not stir often so the chicken can brown nicely. If you do, it will release its juices and boil instead of brown.
- When ready, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Stir and transfer to a bowl. Place pan back on heat. Wipe with some paper towels and repeat the same process.
- Let it heat until it is smoking, add another batch of chicken, sauté until golden brown and add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Make a nice platter with the gyro, some thinly sliced tomatoes and onions, homemade Greek pita bread, tzatziki sauce, and fries!
- Drizzle whole platter with extra virgin olive oil, dry oregano, salt, freshly ground pepper and serve!